A well-maintained heating and cooling system runs at peak efficiency, saves money on energy bills and improves the comfort level of the home. In this HVAC maintenance resolution guide, AC troubleshooting system expert Air Products & Services shares a list of good practices to start and bad practices to break in 2022.
HVAC Maintenance Practices to Break
1. Failing to change the air filter on time. A standard one-inch filter should be replaced every month. If you have pets that shed a lot or live in an area where the conditions for hay fever exist, you should change it more frequently. Leaving a dirty air filter for too long can cause airflow problems and health complications among the residents.
2. Attempting to repair the system on your own. HVAC systems are complicated, and problems with primary components such as the compressor and coils need to be addressed by a certified technician. Making repair mistakes can lead to more issues down the road, which can cost you a lot more.
3. Adjusting the thermostat too often. According to an AC repair specialist, many homeowners make the mistake of cranking up the thermostat higher than the desired temperature, assuming that it will heat their home faster. This isn’t true: doing this will just waste energy.
HVAC Maintenance Practices to Begin
1. Keeping the area around the outdoor unit clean. Your outdoor unit needs proper ventilation in order to function properly. Trim back plants and bushes and remove obstructions near the unit so air can sufficiently flow in and out of the unit.
2. Scheduling preventive maintenance. During a preventative maintenance service visit, a technician will clean your system, inspect it for potential problems and perform necessary tune-ups to ensure its optimal performance.
3. Keeping the vents unobstructed. Keep air vents and return air ducts unobstructed so that cooling or heating in your home remains even. If furniture is blocking the vents, consider rearranging them.
For top-quality HVAC and air purification services, look no further than Air Products & Services. Our certified team offers long-term solutions, including air conditioning replacement, furnace tune-ups and repairs and more. Call (818) 875-7231 or fill out our convenient online form to schedule an appointment. We proudly serve clients in and around Tarzana, CA.