Open-plan designs have become increasingly popular in modern offices. This refers to an interior design style that makes use of large, open spaces to promote increased collaboration and productivity. As companies shift to open office plans, the proper design for HVAC systems has to be considered as well.
A reputable AC troubleshooting system contractor shares some useful strategies below:
Designing the Space to Reduce HVAC Cooling Loads
In most office buildings, HVAC systems consume the largest percentage of energy. That said, it’s important to consider mapping out the design for the air conditioning and heating system before renovating or building a new open-plan space.
Here are some methods for doing so:
- Install better insulation in the walls and floors.
- Include more daylight exposure for workplace health and well-being.
- Use tinted Low-E windows to avoid solar heat gain.
Creating Zones for Increased Comfort
The HVAC system design in your office should include several independently-controlled zones within the space. This creates a more comfortable environment and promotes energy efficiency.
Here are some examples from an AC repair expert:
- Perimeter areas should be controlled independently since they’re more affected by weather than interior spaces.
- Computer or server rooms and other spaces that have a special need for temperature control should also be controlled independently.
- Areas where people tend to gather, such as conference or meeting rooms, need more cooling when in use.
Addressing Indoor Ventilation
It’s important to control humidity, eliminate musty odors and remove airborne particles and other contaminants such as dust and bacteria from your indoor air. If good indoor air quality is maintained throughout the day, it will increase work force productivity and lessen the demand put on the HVAC system.
Air Products & Services is one of the leading HVAC companies in Tarzana, CA. You can trust us with your heating and air conditioning replacement, repair and maintenance needs. Our team of professional technicians will guide you through a smooth, stress-free experience! Call us at (818) 989-2030 or fill out this contact form to set up an appointment.