Did you know the air inside your home can be just as polluted as the air outside? That’s why you should take effective measures that can improve your home’s indoor air quality. Air Products & Services, the premier expert in air conditioning replacement, shares how the right indoor air quality solutions can keep your space safer and healthier.
But First, What Causes Poor Indoor Air Quality?
Almost everything inside your home can emit VOCs (volatile organic compounds), bacteria, and contaminants into the air, resulting in poor indoor air quality. This can range from building materials and furniture to household items and cleaning products. But there are also other factors that can cause this particular problem. These include poor ventilation, high levels of indoor humidity, and inadequately maintained heating and cooling systems.
Continued exposure to VOCs can trigger allergic reactions and allow for a variety of health risks. In these difficult times, when people are required to remain inside their homes for long periods of time, the last thing you and your family needs is to breathe polluted air. You’ll want to deal with poor IAQ promptly to ensure a healthier living space.
Symptoms Linked to Poor Indoor Air Quality
Your home might have poor IAQ if you’re experiencing the following symptoms:
- Dryness and irritation of the eyes, nose, throat, and skin
- Shortness of breath
- Allergies and hypersensitivity
- Sinus congestion
- General discomfort
Not everyone inside your home may be affected by poor IAQ in the same way or extent. Those who are more sensitive may experience the symptoms earlier. As the air quality continues to deteriorate, so will the symptoms worsen.
How to Effectively Deal with Poor Indoor Quality
Cranking open the window may help alleviate the symptoms, but your home might need something more effective and extensive. Air Products & Services, the area’s trusted AC troubleshooting system expert, can help you with this. Our exceptional indoor air quality solutions will ensure the air you and your family are breathing remains safe and healthy. Here’s how we improve IAQ in your home:
1. Air Scrubbers. Air Products & Services believes that clean living starts with clean air in your home. That’s why we offer the top-tier Air Scrubber by Aerus®. This whole home air purifier uses advanced technology to cleanse the air in your living space without the use of chemicals and other potentially harmful substances. By creating potent oxidizing molecules–which are safe for both people and pets–it can efficiently kill viruses and bacteria in the air and on surfaces.
2. UV Lights. Aside from AC repair, you can count on Air Products & Services for excellent indoor air quality products. These include our UV lights, which eliminate bacteria and mold around your AC unit’s primary coil or ductwork before they are circulated throughout your home.
3. Electronic Air Cleaners. They work by trapping particles, such as dust and dander, in a pre-filter as air passes through them. Smaller particles, like mold and bacteria, are directed to electrically charged filters to prevent them from being redistributed through your home.
4. Humidity Control. Whether you need to add moisture to your space to prevent dry air, or remove it to provide better indoor comfort, Air Products & Services carries the products that allow you to manage the humidity inside your home in an easier and more convenient way.
5. Ductwork Services. Are there leaks in your air ducts? Perhaps you need to have your system cleaned to prevent dust and debris buildup. Just call us and we’ll be there pronto to provide the necessary ductwork service. We’ll make sure your system can continue performing at peak efficiency, and at the same time, help improve IAQ in your home.
Look no further than Air Products & Services for the highest quality solutions to your indoor air quality needs. We proudly serve Tarzana, CA and other areas in Southern California. Call us today at (818) 989-2030 or fill out this contact form to schedule your HVAC evaluation.